If there’s one nutrition tip that will help you succeed the most, it’s to be prepared! One surefire way to be prepared is to keep at least one protein staple in the fridge that’s ready to eat. This “everything” shredded chicken is the best! It’s minimally seasoned, making it versatile for wraps, soups, stir fries, omelets, and much more. I know it can be challenging to get enough protein, especially when you’re new to the plan. You’ll be surprised how much this staple helps! You can even weigh out the chicken and keep single servings inside Ziplock bags to take the guesswork out of meals. Freezes great and it’s even leaner than rotisserie chicken!
4 oz serving = 110 cal | 0g C | 2.5g F | 23g P
- 2 pounds skinless chicken breast
- 1 cup chicken broth
- McCormick Black Pepper Garlic Himalayan Salt Blend*
- 2 tbsp olive or avocado oil
- In your Instant Pot, coat the base with oil, then add broth.
- Add chicken breast and season liberally. Secure the lid and seal the top valve shut.
- FROM FRESH: If your Instant Pot has a “Poultry” button, press it and adjust the time to 12 minutes if needed. If not, choose MANUAL HIGH PRESSURE for 12 minutes.
- FROM FROZEN: Press MANUAL HIGH PRESSURE for 16 minutes.
- Once time’s up, natural release for 5 minutes then open the top valve.
- Carefully transfer chicken to a cutting board or plate then shred it against the grain with two forks. For fluffier, finer shredded chicken, use a stand mixer or a hand mixer on the lowest setting to break it up.
Shredded chicken can be stored in the fridge for up to 7 days or frozen for several months! Try freezing pre-portioned chicken inside Ziplock bags for quick meals.
*Seasoning note: If you can’t find the McCormick seasoning blend, use garlic powder, salt, and pepper to taste.