Hey friends!!! One of the best parts of summer is firing up the grill. I wanted to share a yummy burger recipe using ground turkey! Even the biggest turkey burger lovers can agree: It can dry out easily. This recipe includes a couple ingredients that prevent dry burgers and turn the flavor up a notch. We’re adding mashed avocado right into the meat mixture, along with egg white to help your burgers stay tender. Plus 22g protein, I can live with that!
MACROS (burger patty only): 163 cal, 6g F, 4g C, 22g P
Ingredients (makes 5 burgers)
- 1 pound 92-99% lean ground turkey
- 1 ripe medium avocado
- 2 tbsp seasoned breadcrumbs
- 1 egg white (beaten)
- 2 tsp Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- Pinch of salt
- Cooking spray for grilling
- Mash avocado with a fork in a large bowl. Add the rest of the ingredients and toss gently to combine.
- Form into 5 patties. Optional but helpful: Chill the burgers in the fridge for about 30 minutes to help them firm up.
- Cook over medium heat (grill or stovetop) until burgers are cooked through and no longer pink (about 4 minutes on each side). The internal temperature should be 165 degrees.
- Dress them up with a bun and your favorite toppings like lettuce, tomato, onion, pickles, and chipotle aioli!