There's just something about shrimp tacos that feel like you're indulging, but it actually fits into your macros great. These are super easy to make and something yummy for the whole family to enjoy. Plus, they make great leftovers!
Macros: c/10g p/13g f/2g
- 1lb. large or jumbo shrimp peeled (fresh or frozen and thawed)
- 1 tbsp extra-virgin olive oil divided
- 1 tsp chili powder
- 1 tsp ground chipotle chili pepper
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- 1/2 tsp kosher salt
- 6 to 8 corn or flour tortillas
Garnishes: avocados, cilantro, lime wedges, salsa
Slaw and Shrimp Taco Sauce:
- 1 cup nonfat plain Greek yogurt
- 2 tbsp extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 clove garlic peeled
- 1/2 small jalapeño seeds and membranes removed
- 1/4 cup tightly packed fresh cilantro leaves
- 1/4 tsp kosher salt
- Zest and juice of 1 large lime
- (2 tsp zest and 3 tbsp juice)
- 2 cups shredded cabbage or slaw mix
1. Rinse and pat the shrimp dry, then transfer to a large mixing bowl. Drizzle with 1/2 tablespoon olive oil and sprinkle with the chili powder, chipotle chili, cumin, and salt. Toss to coat evenly. Rest while you prepare the shrimp taco sauce and slaw.
2. Prepare the sauce and slaw: In a food processor fitted with a steel blade, process the Greek yogurt, olive oil, garlic, jalapeño, cilantro, salt, lime zest, and lime juice. Taste and adjust seasonings as desired. Place the cabbage in a mixing bowl and toss with about 1/2 cup of the sauce. Add more sauce if you desire a creamier slaw, then reserve the rest of the sauce for serving.
3. Cook the shrimp: In a large nonstick skillet over m, heat the remaining 1/2 tablespoon olive oil. Add the shrimp and sauté just until the shrimp is cooked through and no longer translucent in the center, about 4 minutes. Do not overcook! Transfer
the shrimp immediately to a plate.
4. Warm the tortillas (optional) and assemble the tacos: If you like, warm the tortillas in the microwave (put them in a stack and cover them with a lightly damp towel) or a 250 degrees F oven while the shrimp cook. To serve, fill the tortillas with your desired number of shrimp, then top generously with the slaw, extra sauce, a squeeze of lime juice, and any other desired toppings. Enjoy immediately.