Move over Hot Pockets, this one’s even more flavorful and filling! Next time you’re craving pizza, you’ve got to try these loaded pizza pockets. Crispy on the outside, melty on the inside, they really hit the spot. Thanks again to our friends at Cut Da Carb for their versatile and delicious wraps—my favorite!
Macros: 364 cal / 16g F / 22g C / 34g P
Meat mixture (enough for 3-4 wraps):
1 lb Italian seasoned ground turkey (or lean ground turkey)
1/4 cup diced green pepper (if preferred)
1 tsp Italian seasoning
Pinch of red pepper flakes
Other ingredients (per pocket):
1 Cut Da Carb wrap
2 tbsp marinara/ pizza sauce
3 tbsp low-fat shredded mozzarella cheese
Turkey pepperoni or other preferred toppings
- Batch-prep the meat mixture: In a skillet over medium-low heat, add cooking spray and diced peppers.
- Saute until softened and fragrant.
- Add in ground turkey and seasoning, then break meat up into pieces as it browns. Meat mixture is enough for about 4 pockets.
- Store it in the fridge for quick pizza pocket assembly throughout the week.
- Making your pocket: To make a pizza pocket, spread tomato sauce in the middle, then sprinkle cheese, cold meat mixture, and other preferred toppings.
- Start at one corner of the wrap and pull all corners toward the center to seal your pocket.
- Sear pocket in a pan over medium heat for 3-4 minutes.
- Flip pocket, then add a few drops of water to create steam.
- Cover with a lid and cook another 3 minutes or until it’s warm throughout.
Macros were calculated with these toppings: ¼ lb Jennie O Italian ground turkey, 8 slices of turkey pepperoni, 3 tbsp low fat mozzarella shreds, and 1 tbsp green peppers.